Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Feeling Groovy

"Slow down, you move too fast.  You got to make the morning last. 
Just kicking down the cobble stones. Looking for fun and feelin' groovy."
~ The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy) Simon and Garfunkel

I know, I'm giving away my age but I couldn't resist! Saturday's trip with Hubby led us to Queensbridge Park, where the Queenboro Bridge was in full view. The weather was so gorgeous, everyone was out and about!



Touch football action on the AstroTurf had a nice crowd of spectators, and hubby was very interested!


Cycling to the park to watch the local touch team and catch up on some reading seemed to be more in line with this young fellow's day



Strolling through parks and all that fresh air made us very hungry for lunch, so we ventured off to find a place. Both of us having grown up in Queens, made this a natural choice we couldn't pass up.


Sorry folks, but they just don't make Gyro sandwiches anywhere else that compare to those in Astoria Queens!

We were greeted with the offer of  a free sample


We just headed right inside and took the plunge


SugarPup agrees, mmm-mmm, best Gyro we've had in years!

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog now and then! Sorry I am just now getting around to visiting yours. I think I had you confused with another 'Margaret' that comments. ;)

The bridges of New York and so fascinating! A few weeks back we went over the Queensboro Bridge and she is one elegant lady.

The gyros looks yummy!

Tabor said...

Love good gyros...but where I live they are few and far between.

Dianne said...

what a great day you had!!

I agree about Astoria, the most wonderful Greek food can be found there

each photo is a gem :)

Aliza said...

I am fifteen. My eleven year old brother and I have been listening to our favorite Simon & Garfunkle LPs lately, and feelin' groovy is definitely a favorite.


I know I'm giving away my age, but I couldn't resist. ;)

JJ said...

I used to Live in Astoria, but dont have any shots of the bridge from that side cool to see it and your series of shots, brings back nice memories of living that side