Monday, January 03, 2011

Reading


3/365 Reading
Originally uploaded by maggie_gem


My desire to become a better photographer goes back a few years and so do these books... long before I had a digital camera!

Hoping to improve my photography and still have some fun along the way, I will sometimes throw a little toy in the image for a bit of levity. This little "Beanie Boo" Monkey caught my eye way back in September, I just couldn't resist those great big eyes!

But she needs a name.... any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos have such whimsy! I LOVE IT! I grab every photography book I can even though they basically all say the same things because they have great photos I can use for inspiration :)

Tabor said...

No ideas for names...but it is striking with those eyes.

Kerri Farley said...

I think Beanie Boo fits perfectly!
One of my fave photography books is Understanding Exposure by Brian Peterson. Great pics!

MaggieGem said...

@Mindy You're, the photos offer great inspiration!

@Tabor It was those eyes that this so irresistible! I'm a sucker for happy toys!

@Kerri Thanks for the name suggestion! I'll have to see if the library has that book, I can always use inspiration!

Dianne said...

the first thing I tought of when I saw the giant eyes was Moon Pie :)