Tuesday, February 17, 2009

When Big Utilities Fail Us

I've been away from my blog for quite some time, I try to post every couple of days or so but that hasn't worked for over a week and Verizon is mostly to blame. Yes, it's true sometimes just living life gets in the way, it happens to the best of us. But Verizon doesn't see any need to rush getting their DSL services running. I lost service on Monday night the 9th, after daily follow ups with their helpdesk and multiple closed tickets stating the service was restored (Not!) I was informed Thursday that they'd need to send out a technician. The next available appointment: Wednesday the 18th! Needless to say, I'm happily back on the 'net with another provider!

On a lighter note, as I struggle trying to improve my photography skills I should probably take some pointers from Kylie, she has it all figured out!

<br/><a href='http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?vid=533e05d2-9f12-4a86-bdda-efd0455fcd36' target='_new' title='Kylie'>Video: Kylie</a>

I'll be posting again soon, I've got to call Verizon to disconnect my service. (Before I'm billed again!)

No comments: