Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Trying to Catch Up

It's been busy, but while I haven't been able to get online I have been trying to get some photos to post.

At this late date the only one's I think worth sharing are here; starting with a fantastic sunset I caught on the side of the road returning to the office Wednesday afternoon.
Wednesday Sunset
(click photo to enlarge)

Thursday brought about the great winds, not as bad as some in the mid-section of the country, but gusts of 50 - 60 mph. I can't remember the last time is was so bad. As I travelled to client locations the street closures from downed trees and powerlines were the worst I could remember. Getting about was difficult, but I couldn't really see the damage as I drove. All the damage was far behind the patrol cars and traffic cones strategically placed to keep us all safe and far away.

Then Friday came and on my daily drive past The Pond I came head on with a very disturbing sight. Thankfully the tree didn't fall in the other direction, it surely would've damaged someone's home.

Tommy's Pond After the Winds of Thursday

(click photo to enlarge)

This pond is one of my favorite spots and this was a very upsetting scene.


But it wasn't until Saturday morning when we found this scene in our own backyard.


The View from window Saturday

(click photo to enlarge)

It's amazing to me that we escaped any damage to the house, but that poor tree was fallen and broken. We obviously weren't home when it happened, the neighbors were as shocked as we because they didn't know it came down either. Funny it really makes you wonder, we're too busy to hear the thunderous cries of Nature around us.

No comments: