Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sunday Drive

Steve and I have been taking little Sunday trips over the last month. And of course I made of point of having my camera with me every step of the way. Seems to me the month of October just went flying by! Our first Sunday drive was to Lambertville.

Lambertville Station has been converted into a restaurant, a complete 19th century restoration has made this a must see stop for visitors to the town.


Canal-side dining is also available, enjoy the calming sights and sounds of the D & R Canal.

This was our very first trip to this quaint and historic town located on the Delaware River. Formerly known as Coryell, George Washington's troops crossed the Delaware into Pennsylvania from here. There is a brief and interesting history of Lambertville provided by the Lambertville Historical Society.

The town saw a resurgence of popularity during the 1970's - 1980's when many artists were drawn to the town.

Today the town is full of quaint little antique shops, proud of their location and decorating to keep up appearences.


Shops with antique bicycles and building clocks


Shops that offer the best of the confections

Or maybe just a glimpse of the owner's own treasures

A place where one can clearly see modes of transporation from bygone eras

Waterways

Rails

and Automobiles

A truly enlighting autumn day in the Garden State! More photos can be seen in my Flickr Lambertville Set.

Until next time ~ Live, Love, Laugh!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh these are terrific shots. I love that pink car and the cute pup in the window. Thanks for bringing me along. I feel like I should offer to pay for half of the gas. ;)

Kyle said...

I agree with Hilary, these are great shots. The picture of the canal is where I bike on a regular basis. You have captured the beauty of the Lambertville area well.