Sunday, October 04, 2009

Mac

So I got started using the Mac Mini on Wednesday, basically I just dusted it off and made sure all the Apple components were updated.

Thursday I got on line and downloaded some essentials I thought I'd need to keep me from switching back to the PC;
  • Remote Desktop
  • Flickr Uploadr
  • TweetDeck
  • Greasemonkey and scripts for Flickr
Friday I worked from home using the Mac and remotely connected to my work Vista PC. I checked my eMail and did what I had to do via RDC without any issues. Later in the day as I was on Flickr or Facebook Firefox just decided to crash, I had to restart Firefox and then go back upon my merry way!

Over the weekend I downloaded a few programs, Zuma's Revenge Trial (I've been playing Zuma on the PC for a couple of years and while it's quite mindless I find it relaxing. Kind of like "Whack a Mole" take your frustrations out on the poor mole!) While I'm not a fan of Pop-Cap games due to their use of pop-up Ads I gave the trial a try. I didn't get very far when the trial just closed down and made the system completely unstable. Needless to say the application has been removed and will not return.. ever! I then proceeded to download Nikon applications to help with photo editing, iPhoto is ok but I really prefer the MS Office Picture Manager. However, I think is only available with Office Professional/Enterprise for Windows. So, I'll probably be searching around for a photo editing/work flow program for the Mac. But first I'll test the Nikon applications to see if that works for me.

Until next time ~ Live, Love, Laugh

No comments: