Sunday, September 20, 2009

Summer's End


This has been an absolutely perfect September weekend. While I will miss the long hours of daylight I gladly bid the hazy humidity adieu! I've loved the cool clear nights of autumn for years, I still easily recall the view of NYC from the Queens Borough Bridge, it was many years ago but still so vivid. This clarity just never happens in summer. The colors of autumn are also so vibrant and fiery, I love autumn!

Yesterday we took a stroll along the Waterfront Walkway in Perth Amboy, the day was clear and warm and Raritan Bay was bustling with boaters



I found this boat of great interest, I wonder if it actually made the journey from Galway, Ireland. (click to enlarge photo)

Things have been a bit hectic, and I haven't really been posting as much I'd like. I have managed to get out and take some photos in the last month, and I'll be sure to get some of them posted here shortly.

Check out Hilary's Smitten Image for some fabulous photographs and quotes regarding September, Hilary is a wonderful tour guide and keeps me smiling on every visit.


1 comment:

Hilary said...

Awww Maggie Gem.. aren't you sweet! Thank you so much for the linkage and kind words. That means so much to me.

You've posted some lovely photos your own self! I'm always reluctant to give up summer, but it truly is handed over to a fine season.

Thanks again, Maggie. You're a true Gem! :)