Wednesday, March 05, 2014

The Road


There is a fascination with roads. Maybe it's an American thing, I don't know for certain, but there are many references to "The Road". On the Road Again, Country Roads, the right road, a fork in the road... it goes on and on.

As I was going through photos for February's Photo-Heart Connection, this image stood out and stirred thoughts and emotions plenty. A slight detour off the beaten path from a client visit after one of the many snowfalls we've had this winter. A bright and cheerful country road, open and inviting... much like life, when we take a moment to just take the blinders off for a moment.



7 comments:

Suzette Rothlisberger said...

I love this image. I am always fascinated by the ever changing images we see through a windshield as we travel. The open road and all the promises that lay ahead...what wonderful freedom.

Sarah Huizenga said...

I feel roads in either fall or winter are especially lovely.

Hilary said...

It sure makes for a pretty picture. Along that musical theme, perhaps it's the long and winding road.

Prairie Jill said...

What a beautiful scene! Sounds like it's a perfect photo-heart connection. I love all the music references, too.

Kat Sloma said...

I think there has always been a fascination with the open road as a subject. There is such possibility in that ribbon of asphalt! The adventures it might carry us on! Thanks for joining us in the Photo-Heart Connection again, Maggie. Welcome back!

Cathy H. said...

Love your photo! I'm always taking a picture of the road in front (when I'm not driving that is!) Roads in life can lead us in so many directions, but it's the side ones that seem the most interesting to me!

Haddock said...

The leading road.
Black against the white snow.