Friday, March 23, 2012

Street Stories

Street Stories
Originally uploaded by maggie_gem

Today I stumbled across a fabulous article on Chase Jarvis' blog - Don't Quit Your Day Job? No Problem A showcase of very touching street photos from a NYC banker with a very serious hobby.

Chris Arnade (Twitter @chris_arnade) is proof that photography, even as a hobby, can clearly touch the heart and tell stories that need to be told. Along the streets of the Bronx there are many stories needed to be told and Chris' Faces of Addiction set on Flickr tells them with great heart and dignity. I was truly moved by this set of photographs, it reminded me of a similar project I had in mind years ago that was inspired by Richie Sambora's Harlem Rain. Chris has inspired me to start planning that project, the time has come and it is now!

83/366
Exposure 0.008 sec (1/120)
Aperture f/2.4

1 comment:

shirley said...

Nice! I love this sort of photography, if I lived in a city, it would be a fun project.