Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Clinton in Spring

I've fallen in love with Clinton NJ... one of the beautiful, quaint towns that gives one a better view of the "Garden State" than the dismal NJ Turnpike could ever do. Hidden along the Raritan River, way out west past the Watchung Mountains is a gem I've been enamored with since my first visit last November.


Last week I had the great pleasure of introducing my brother to Clinton. He was quite impressed with the lovely little town in the NJ Skylands!

Across from the Red Mill on the east bank of the South Branch of the Raritan River, this stone mill now is home to the Hunterdon Museum of Art.



After taking a few shots we strolled Main Street and enjoyed lunch in a little coffee house right on Main Street. Tree-lined Main Street is home to many shops keeping the Victorian shops in order


With many shops maintaining the welcoming touches of potted plants adorning their store fronts


Spring in Clinton is as beautiful as Autumn and Winter, I'd recommend a drive to anyone in the vicinity for a relaxing, enjoyable afternoon!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

It sure does look like a lovely town. I'm a sucker for mills. :)